We provide the pure English forum posting guidance to help you understand the correct way of posting threads in our forums. Following the rules increases the time and chance of getting appropriate response from Staff and other forum members. Please respect the rules as we will strictly follow them. After that, if you still feel that your post has been edited or removed unreasonably, then please contact us.
We try to avoid over moderation, but if people stray outside the reasonable requests listed below, then their postings will be removed by our Moderation Team. Those who persistently offend will be banned from using the forums. It takes a lot of time and work to maintain the Boards, and moderating posts or disputes in the forum takes away time that could be better spent elsewhere on the site. So, please take a few minutes to read and respect the guidelines posted below.
- Read the forums rules and guidelines before posting for the first time.
- All posts must relate directly to the use of IGCN apps, hardware, or services, or to third-party apps that can run with IGCN software.
- Before starting a new topic, we would recommend that you use the site’s search facility to check if a similar topic already exists or if the question that you are about to ask has previously been asked and answered.
- Please use clear and descriptive subject lines for your posts. Doing so will significantly increase the likelihood that others will read your post and answer any questions that you may have asked. Avoid words like 'Help me', 'Hello', 'Important', 'Very urgent', 'I have a question', How to solve problem' or any similar ones
- Wrap specific and/or long post content with appropriate BBCodes: or
- Please only post questions about a single topic in any new post to the forum. For example, do not ask a question about using a Monster Drop System and another question about Dynamic Experience System in the same post. This will improve your chances of getting appropriate and helpful answers and also make discussion easier to follow.
- Do not double post (post the same message twice in one thread) or cross post (place the same message across several forums).
- Do not use all caps or SHOUT in your posts. In addition, one exclamation point is enough.
- Do not post new problems on someone else's thread and interrupt a topic of discussion.
- When replying to a post, do not quote more from the previous post than you have to.
- Do not use someone else s thread for a private conversation.
- Do not use a huge and annoying signature, a modest signature is fine, moderators may remove large ones anyway.
- Do not post any information that you want private. Posts should not contain personal, identifiable information or content embarrassing to others.
- Please do not post replies which add no value to the existing discussion. For example, if somebody has asked for information on a specific matter, replying to say that you have no experience with that specific system is of no value and only serves to get in the way of what might be helpful answers. Additionally, if someone asks a question about how to do a particular task, replying to the post and saying to do an internet search to find the answer is not at all helpful.
- Please stay on topic. Always stick to the original topic that was stated by the person who started the thread. If you have a suggestion or comment that is on a different topic, please start a new thread.
- No advertising. The IGCN Forums are not to be used for trading/swapping or selling/advertising products or services, unless appropriate section has been offered. If you wish to post information about a product or service that you believe would be of interest to our community and falls within the scope of the website, please contact us beforehand for our approval.
- Please do not use the IGCN Forum as nothing more than a 'billboard' to promote your own website or online resource.
- Please do not post press releases unless the intention is to inform or contextualize a new or existing discussion; and the press release is only part of your post. A press release posted to do nothing more than promote a product or service will be removed.
- Please be polite. The IGCN forum is designed to build a positive, thriving community. Please give the same consideration and tolerance to others that you would like to receive from them. It is perfectly okay to have a differing viewpoint from someone else; please remember, though, to express your views in a respectful manner. Posts that are deliberately insulting to other members of the IGCN community will be edited and/or removed.
- No flaming. Flaming is the act of posting messages that are deliberately hostile and insulting. These types of posts are absolutely not allowed and will result in the immediate removal of the offending post.
- Please do not post illegal content. For example, no posts about the illegal use of licensed software or posting information about beta versions of software which would breach any non-disclosure agreement (NDA).
- Please do not post inappropriate or offensive content. This includes posting messages with insults or profanity; or messages which are religiously, racially, or sexually offensive. These types of posts will result in the post being edited or removed and could also lead to your forum privileges being revoked.
- Please do not spam. Repeated posting of a message (or very similar messages) multiple times is considered spamming and is not welcome here. When making a post, please post it only one time in the most appropriate forum category that fits the topic of your post. Multiple posts will be unpublished or deleted, and continued abuse of this guideline may result in having your posting privileges revoked.
- To keep your identity and personal information safe and to keep from being added to a spam distribution list, it is recommended that you not include email addresses or other personal information in your posts.
- If you have a question about any of the above guidelines or whether a post would be appropriate for IGCN Forums, please ask first using the Contact form.
What happens if I break a rule?
If you break a rule, then you will either be warned or banned. A ban of your user account may either be temporary or permanent. The administrators and moderators also have the right to edit, delete, move or close any thread or post as they see necessary, without prior warning.
What happens if I see a thread/post which has broken a rule?
Please report the thread/post to the moderators or admin.
Rules may be subject to change/update without further notice. Last Modified: April 1, 2022.